Rabbits Class News
I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and had lots of fun with your family and friends. After lots of rain we are hoping for some snow, as we begin our new topic ‘The Frozen Planet’.
We are moving on to Phase 3 in phonics (I will send another letter out about that soon) and our reading and writing is improving.
We will be looking at the stories set in Winter and in the Arctic. As part of our topic we will be trying to answer the following questions:
– Where is the Arctic Circle?
– What is it like?
– Who lives there?
– Where do they live?
– What do they do?
– Why are polar bears white?
This half term in Maths we will be:
– comparing quantities to 20 and finding the number to represent each group.
– finding the number that is one more than a given number.
– beginning to add and subtract groups of objects.
– using positional and directional language when working with bebots (mini robots)
– naming and describing
This half term we are doing football with Richard from Huddersfield Town on Thursday afternoons.
We will also continue doing PE on Wednesday afternoons as normal.
The children have made huge progress with writing their name. We will now provide different jobs for them to do in the morning before the register.
These might include reading words, finding the missing number, finding the number that is one more/less and writing.
You are, of course, still welcome to stay and help your child in the mornings.