We appreciate the time you as parents have taken to complete the Parent Survey and to share your views on things we do well and areas that you would like to be improved (as communicated in the 20.12.19 issue, full summary of responses on the back of this newsletter). We thank you for all your positive comments and really do appreciate your reflections and further suggestions for us. Detailed below are some of the actions put in place this academic year in order to work on the areas outlined by our parents in order to improve the Tuel Lane experience:
- Half-termly class newsletters (in print and on the website) inform what children will be learning each term and how parents can help support their child’s learning at home.
- (At least) Fortnightly school newsletters (in print and on the website) give regular updates on school policy, routines, events, information and key deadlines to improve communication and detail who and how to contact school should there be any concerns.
- A new informal ‘Open Afternoon’ (November 2019) alongside formal Parents’ Evening (October & March 2020) for the opportunity for parents to see how well their child is performing and speak to the class teacher about areas for development.
- Updated website with all school policies accessible and improved links to class and school newsletters.
- Menu of after school clubs to be provided through the spring and summer terms.
Thank you once again for your continued support.
Spring Term – Clubs & Activities
As promised following the Parent Survey, below is the menu of clubs and activities that will be on offer during this spring term until the Easter holidays:
|CLUB||DAY / TIMES||DATES||YEAR GROUP / CLASS||COST||Run by|
|Judo (Course 1)||Wed / 3.15 – 4.15pm||22.01.20 to 26.02.20||All||£10||Judo Excellence|
|Judo (Course 2)||Wed / 3.15 – 4.15pm||04.03.20 to 01.04.20||All||£10||Judo Excellence|
|Football||Tues / 3.15 – 4.15pm||25.02.20 to 24.03.20||Year 2||Free||Mr Dixon|
|Colouring||Mon / 3.15 – 4.00pm||02.03.20 to 30.03.20||All||Free||Mrs Booth / Mrs Fletcher|
Further details about each club and allocation of places for the spring term clubs will follow next week.
Summer term club’s information will be published after half term.
Valentine’s Disco – date change
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we have had to change the date of the Valentine’s Disco. The new date is now Tuesday 11th February, with the times for the classes remaining the same:
Nursery & Rabbits: 4.00 – 5.00pm
Badgers, Hedgehogs & Foxes: 5.00 – 6.00pm
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Tues 11/02 – Valentines Disco (see article):
Fri 14/02 – School Closes: February Half Term
Mon 24/02 – School Opens
Tues 25/02 – Book Fair opens (before and after school)
Mon 02/03 – Book Week (activities all week to celebrate books & reading)
Thur 05/03 – World Book Day
Wed 25/03 – Parents’ Evening
Thur 26/03 – Parents’ Evening